Monday, 19 June 2017

The Wedding Preppers!

Hello, a small warning before I begin that this post is photo heavy! 😲  Today I'm sharing photos of the items I helped prepare for my sister's Wedding.  I have left it until now as I wanted to wait until after they returned from honeymoon. The following makes might explain why my blog was very quiet at the beginning of the year!  Some of the more boring and time consuming craft work was undertake by yours truly and our mum.

The theme was birds and shabby chic with a touch of bling.

Place Names
Die cutting 70+ place names wasn't too bad and only took me approximately an hour.  I used a Tattered Lace die.  The last photo shows how my sister finished them off.


Bunting
Then came the bunting, a whole different story.  I had an X Cut die & my Cut N Boss so thought this would make life a lot easier.  Little did I realise that cutting 400, yes 400 hessian pennants was going to eat time!  Each one taking at least two turns, some three or four, through the machine, and whilst the electronic die cutting machine was a saviour, I couldn't do anything else other than wait for each one to come out, a bit like watching paint dry!  And don't even talk to me about the mess, it looked like a haystack had blown up in our conservatory, which where I craft, so each session ended with a mass vacumming session!  Unfortunately I can't locate a photo of the bunting when it was finished but it looked beautiful with the purple hearts painted on it.




Heart Confetti for the tables
I have no idea how much heart shaped confetti my mum had to cut, but she had a very sore wrist after punching out hundreds of these tiny hearts!  This confetti was for the tables along with some gems.


Keychains
Next on the list was key chains for each of the bridesmaids and the flower girl.  I used my Serif programme to size and set the words to fit in the pendant.  I stained the paper using coffee to add the shabby chic style as white looked too stark.  Fixed the paper in place with a domed glitter sticker and a little glossy accents to make sure it didn't came out.  It took me a little while to decide on the design but once I was happy with it I was able to quickly put them together.



Bridal Pin
The bridal pin came about as my sister wasn't keen on having a sixpence in her shoe (she later decided in the end to have a sixpence in her shoe too).  I used a key and lock charm, crystal heart bead and a few smaller beads to make an angel.  The sixpence came from Ebay (I polished it up using brown sauce) and the charms and beads I had in my stash.





Hen-Do Heart Rosettes Name Badges
I wanted to keep with the Shabby Chic theme of the wedding for the Hen Badges.  This was a very fiddly exercise as they kept springing apart as I was trying to squeeze them into the heart shape.  I had seen a free rosette maker with a magazine but I decided not to get it as I already had my Hougie board and I was pretty sure of the shape I needed, and as predicted that part was easy. Trying to hold it together, form the heart and glue it drove me close to insanity!  I got there in the end though and added the names cut using the Noor! Design banner die, inked them with Vintage Photo distress ink and then added buttons from my stash.


Ring Pillow - made by Mum
The ring pillow was made by my very talented mum and I just had to share a photo as I think it's stunning.








A few other elements - Made by my sister.
It really was a full-on handmade Wedding, here are only a few of the hundreds of items my sister made.


Creative Blessings.  x

7 comments:

  1. wow Tracy you did a fantastic job, beautiful made.

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beautiful page Tracy lots of hard work but so worth it x The venue looked beautiful every thing came together perfectly x All the brides stress sweat and tears worrying something would go wrong it all went perfectly such a wonderful day and of course the bride looked stunning as did team bride and the Groom and his team scrub up well xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Tracey your have been busy. All your makes are stunning. You made your sister's wedding so special. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you were busy and you have created some amazing pieces. You must have been very proud of all your hard work. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all simply stunning. I bet your sister was over the moon with these wonderful creations.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a diverse collection of creativity Tracy and real keepsakes for your Sister, thank you so much for sharing.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW a lot of hard work but very rewarding on the day love all the projects from the ring pillow to the rosettes and love the little side step place names
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x