Wednesday, 17 May 2017

Prima Mixed Media Pt 2 - Keep on Crafting

Hello!

It's been an extremely wet Wednesday here in Suffolk so I had a very soggy doggy walk (but Fergus really enjoys the puddles so that was fun) and I was almost able to swin to the village library bus!  Today I'm back with my second card made at the Prima workshop at my local craft shop Keep on Crafting on Saturday.   I added a few items from my stash after the workshop as I decided to change a few pieces and add elements when I got home.


Supplies used;
White Gesso paint
White Wow embossing powder
Net & Wire Prima Stamp
Chrome & Iris Color Bloom Spray
Chipboard Flourish
Pebeo High Viscosity Studio Iridescent Silver Acrylic paint - stash
Prima Lace Trim (flowers)
Die cut flower
Wow Clear Embossing Powder
Wow Clear Stamp pad & bonding powder
Wow fab foil
Sparkly twine, staples and pearl (coloured with a Sharpie) - stash
Silver Papermanis Embossing Powder - stash
Lilac Heat It Up Embossing Powder - stash
Wish sentiment from 7 Gypsies stamp set - (Papercraft magazine exclusive)

I prepared the base at the workshop spreading on the gesso with a spatular to give it some texture. More texture was created by used the stamp and white embossing powder to create a resist against the Color Bloom sprays.  These are now on my wish list.  The lace flowers and die cut flower are also sprayed with the Color Bloom, the die cut flower was then embossed with clear powder and scrunched, I added the pearl at home.


I originally painted the flourish pink but wasn't happy, so added foil but I felt it was too over-powering so painted it to silver at home.  I also added foil to the base, I like the patchy look of this rather than a solid block of foil as I feel it adds to the texture and interest.


A few extra bits I added at home are the Wish sentiment embossed with two colours of powder mixed and a touch of silver embossing around the top and bottom edge.  Then I took some sparkly twine and randomly stapled it  The twine is left over from a nail and string art kit from the 1960/1970s, if you don't know what I'm talking about click on this pinterest link to take a look at some modern ideas using this retro hobby.

Don't foget most of these products can be purchased at Keep on Crafting either in the shop or online. Postage to UK is free when you spend over £3.  If you can't find something pop over to the Facebook page and send a message.

Creative Blessings.  x

I wish to enter this in to the following challenge(s);

Noor Design UK - Add Lace - http://noordesign-uk.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/may-challenge-add-lace.html   (Lace flowers)

A Inky Mess - Anything Mixed Media or Altered Art - Challenge 10 - http://ainkymess.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/challenge-10.html

Double D Challenges - Flowers Galore - http://daranddiane.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/flowers-galore.html

11 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Tracy and in my favourite colour too.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful designed creation, very creative, for our current challenge, lovely colours too...hope to see you next challenge.. Double D Challenges{DT aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty colour, layers and detail Tracy!
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW what a beautiful work of art Tracy! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Flowers Galore’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tracy this is stunning. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, lovely work today Tracey, great textures and layering

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your flower is gorgeous! I love the artsy flavor and feel of your creation! So pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D Challenge Blog, Donna, DT Member.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Tracy! I just adore mixed media and love your project. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card Tracy love all the texture and delicate colour
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x