Friday, 1 January 2016

DT Project - The Sisters of Craft Blog Challenge - January 2016

New year, new month, new challenge...it's the Sisters of Craft first challenge of 2016 and our first sponsor is Digital Scrap World click this link to go straight to the Etsy shop.

If you are thinking about scrapbooking in 2016 can I suggest that Digital Scrap World is your first stop.  It was so hard to pick a kit to work with as they are so many excellent kits and some really different ones too.  Even if you aren't a scrapbooker you could always print the elements and using them for card making, home decor, etc.

I picked Movie Night, as it's my intention to start scrapbooking properly this year instead of dabbling. One of the weird and wonderful things I collect are cinema tickets, every time I watch a film I keep the ticket or stubb.  I have a huge pile of them in a keepsakes box in the loft, unfortunately in the time I had I couldn't locate them but at some point I shall spend a day or may be two (!) searching through all my "stuff" to be scrapbooked.

I used the kit to make a cover for the box to keep the tickets in.  This isn't stuck down as I'm trying to decide whether to cover the box, or paint it, or maybe find an A4 box, but it shows the general idea of what I am hoping to do.

I found a few stray tickets in a different box.
I like the addition of the tabs which are also elements in the kit, it adds a bit of interest when the box is standing on the shelf.
I hope you will join us at the Sisters of Craft Blog Challenge, remember it's anything goes and runs for the whole month. Why not pop along and join the Facebook Group too.

I would like to thank each and every one of you for your support and comments throughout 2015.   Friendship is shown in many ways these days and although many of us may never meet I feel blessed to count you amongst my friends every time I read all your lovely comments.  May 2016 be kind and beautiful for you all.

Creative Blessings.  x

5 comments:

  1. Happy New Year. A fabulous card, love all the detail and design
    Crafty Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Tracy...Just perfect and the theme is cool too. Well done!!
    Missy Pink xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great idea and love the box cover and all the details-Best wishes for a Happy New Year
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tracy, this is wonderful! Thank you for commenting on my blog and telling me that Sisters of Craft now has a FB group. I requested to join it. Enjoy your day. Hugs!\
    :) Janis

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x