Monday, 1 June 2015

DT Project - The Sisters of Craft Blog Challenge - June 2015

Good Morning All

Well it's Monday again, I hope you had a good weekend, we spent some time in the garden tidying it ready for our departure which, fingers crossed should be a few weeks.  Looking forward to getting settled in our new home...and of course sorting my craft room!

Today is the 1st Anniversary of The Sisters of Craft Blog Challenge, it's true what they say times flies when you're having fun!  To celebrate our anniversary we have 2 sponsors this month.

Our first sponsor is The East Wind

I chose Kiseng mon amour as my image to use.  Kiseng is a Korean female entertainer, they were trained to sing, dance, etc and were very knowledgeable and talented women.  As soon as I knew we were being sponsored by The East Wind, I knew I wanted this image and I knew I wanted to colour it in sepia tones.  I think it's going to take a little practice to nail the sepia tones but I'm quite happy for my first attempt.  I have used the following Graph It markers; 4120, 4125, 4150, 3245, 3250.
  • Creata mirri board
  • Kraft card
  • Love sentiment is from a Kirstie Allsopp stamp set stamped using Cocoa Memento Ink.

Our second sponsor is Lacy Sunshine.

  • Marianne Design Wintertime papers
  • Marianne Design Snowpaper
  • Docrafts Bellissima papers
  • Docrafts Christmas in the Country die cut toppers
  • Hearts brads, stocking button, peg and red twine from my stash
  • Winter Wishes Gloves & Hat, Sleigh and Winter dies by Noor!
  • White Gesso

I have made my creation using Sammi Boo's Hot Cocoa.  She is coloured using the following Graph It markers;  Skin; 4120, 4125, 4155, 4135, Hair; 3120, 3130, 3140, Cocoa; 3160, Top; 1210, 1230, 1250, 5215, 5220, 5240, 5245, Boots, 1210, 1230, 1250, 9501, 9502, Mug; 5240, 1210, 1250, Snow; 9100, Bench; 3245, 3250.


I borrowed the idea of the tag peeking out from the side of the papers from my blogland friend Carole Pollard if you haven't visited her blog please take a look, so many beautiful creations to see.

Creative Blessings.  x

17 comments:

  1. Two fabulous cards and love the sepia tones which really suits the image.xx{aNNie My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tracey. This is such a gorgeous card! Love the monochrome colouring on the first one. Cheers!
    Aurora

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracy it's gorgeous! I love it!

    Hugs and blessings,
    Em x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Tracy what fabulous designs and colors.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Makes me feel all warm cosy and Christmassy :-)
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such fabulous and varied creations Tracy.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous group of cards Tracy, I love how different they all are!
    Great work!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant projects for this challenge just love them all just perfect. Thanks for telling me about the challenge I've added my wall hanging so you never know I might be lucky. Thanks again enjoy your week hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cards Tracy. I love the sepia tones of the first card and the Christmas elements of the second xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, totally loving that East wind card. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Tracy, wow your first card is amazing love the image and she really lends herself to be coloured in sepia. Your second card is a great Christmas Card lovely image and colouring. Fab background. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are fabulous Tracy! Love the cute image. Enjoy the rest of your week.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tracy you nailed it with the sepia tones as its beautiful and thank you for the insight into the definition (i had no idea) and love all the snowy accents on Sammi Boo. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Tracy and could do to do a garden tidy too but won t be today as rain rain and more rain! fabulous cards xxx the first one is particularly interesting can t say i ve come across anything like this before great job must look it up happy crafting hugs Judith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love both your cards Tracy, the East Wind one in the sepia tones is a very haunting image (I think), and the Lacy Sunshine one exudes festivity and fun ! xx

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x