Saturday, 3 May 2014

I love it when a plan comes together....

A few weeks ago I was commissioned to make a friendship cushion.  My client decided what they wanted it to say and then I was given free reign. 

So I leafed through my shelf of cross stitch books (and borrowed more from the library-any excuse!) and pondered over alphabets, thread colours and materials.  After weeks of procrastination I finally decided to have a go at designing my own, making good use of my iStitch programme by Jane Greenoff.

After a few hours of tinkering the patterned was finished.  More procrastination over what colours to use.  As I was using an antique coloured linen for the design I wanted muted vintage tones to coordinate.  I also wanted a complementary piece of fabric for the back, which led to many happy hours rifling through my box of threads and stash of fabric!


I'm pleased to say that the cushion was cross stitched, stitch-up on my sewing machine using honeycomb stitch and filled.


The client also wanted to take advantage of my professional wrapping too.  I kept the wrapping simple (the client had asked for a cellophane wrap) using twine to finish it off.  I used some of the lovely Anna Marie Designs dotty card to make a tag using Xcut Four Petal Nesting die.

I am also entering this in to the following challenges;

Anything Goes Monthly Challenge on the Sisters of Craft Blog
Anything Goes Challenge #92 Sarah Hurley 365
Anything Goes Challenge http://craftcreatoins.blogspot.co.uk/p/new-challenge.html
Anything Goes Challenge # 81 http://dreamvalleychallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/challenge-81-anything-goes.html
Anything Goes Challenge http://thatcraftplaceblog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/new-challenge-anything-goes.html
Crafting at the Weekend Anything Goes # 1 http://craftingattheweekend.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/challenge-1.html

11 comments:

  1. Fantastic - this is what the Sisters of Craft challenge is all about,Giving people a chance to show off all their crafting talents
    Thanks for joining us - hope you'll back again
    Pixie (DT member)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful I cant think how long this must have taken a real labour of love well done x

    ReplyDelete
  3. you can see how much love and time has gone into this, I think its an amazing piece x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning, I love how pretty it is. Thanks for joining us at Sarah Hurley 365 this time, Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous piece of work, Tracy, very apt for our First New Challenge over at 'The Sisters of Craft' - Good Luck!
    Hugs Donna DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it Tracy:-) so good to see projects other than papercrafting, just perfect for our challenge blog. Good luck Gill SOC DT x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So loving this,,, is there anything you can't do? lol... thanks so very much for supporting the sisters of craft and entering our challenge, it's always great to see all forms of arts and crafts and not just cards.. good luck !! Tina-Maree DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is absolutely gorgeous, love it. Thanks for joining us over at Sarah Hurley 365 this month.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, what a gorgeous cushion! Thank you for joining our "Anything Goes!" challenge at Dream Valley :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cushion! Thank you for joining the Crafting At The Weekend challenge, hope to see you again soon.

    Victoria DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks wonderful! Thanks for sharing it at Sarah Hurley365

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, thank you for taking some time out to read my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did please leave me a comment, reading them makes me happy. I try to return the compliment by commenting on your blog. Blessings, Tracy x